Here’s an update on the 75 in 75 drive…
To recap, the Longmont Performing Arts Initiative is looking for 75 members of our community who want to help with a donation of $1,000 or more. The funds will go toward our portion of the cost of a feasibility study for a new performing arts center and convention facility in Longmont. Gifts of all amounts are appreciated, and special recognition will be granted to those who give $1,000 or more.
Our goal is to raise $75,000 by 6/01/2019
so the feasibility study can start soon.
The total is currently about $22,000 in donations and pledges, including those from all of the
LPAI member organizations.
There are 45 days to go!
Visit Longmont shared the RFP responses, and all of the MOU parties met last week, including LPAI. The RFP Selection Committee delegates chose 3 semifinalist firms. (Who are the MOU parties? Click here) Firms are being interviewed, and their references are being checked. The committee will reconvene soon for next steps
LPAI Development Committee held a special members only event, hosted by the Longmont Museum. After time for networking, our guests took in a presentation about the project and participated in Q&A time. Attendees won performance tickets as door prizes, too, during the drawing after the presentation. The event was very well received. We were able to add 53 new names to the LPAI email list, and new people arrived at Saturday’s LPAI meeting, too. One guest asked about business sponsorships, and Development will be talking further with him.. Thank you for hosting us, Longmont Museum!
LPAI’s monthly meeting was on Saturday, April 13. Key highlights:
- Development handed out new informational packets they created to aid in speaking with prospective donors.
- We decided to begin the 501c3 process for LPAI, which is expected to take 6-12 months to complete.
- LPAI will soon begin to solicit funds for operating and promotional expenses, with the Longmont Chorale acting as fiscal agent until the 501c3 process is complete. The designated fund at the Longmont Community Foundation cannot be used for these purposes.
- New content will soon appear on the LongmontCenter.org website, including photos of our organizations’ leaders, speaking points for articles, and new pages.
- Development is using Salesforce to stay coordinated as we contact individuals and organizations and track donations, too.
- New Twitter account – www.Twitter.com/LongmontPAI
- Development’s new email account is: email@example.com. Development welcomes anyone who would like to get involved in making the ’75 in 75′ drive and other efforts a success. You can help make an impact for the performing arts in Longmont by joining the Development team!
Generous donors are backing a matching funds drive, which starts soon. This matching funds drive will begin soon, helping us raise additional funds. Gifts of any size will be matched by an identical amount, up to the total our anonymous donors will give. Watch for details!
If you or someone you know would like to provide a pledge or donation for a matching funds drive, please contact Development at firstname.lastname@example.org via email to discuss.
We have an amazing opportunity to begin something that will not only benefit ourselves, our families, our community and our region now, but far into the future as well.
Your tax-deductible gift through the designated fund at the Longmont Community Foundation helps us start the feasibility study. To donate, click the ‘Donate’ button at the top of the screen.
If you prefer to donate by check, please make it out to “Longmont Community Foundation” and send it to:
Longmont Community Foundation
636 Coffman, Suite 203
Longmont, CO 80501
Please put a note in the envelope as to which fund the money should go to OR write the fund in the memo field on the check. The fund name is ‘The Friends of the Longmont Cultural and Performing Arts Center Fund‘.
Finally, if you are over 70.5 years age and have a traditional IRA or 401 (k) retirement account, you may be able to donate directly to the Longmont Community Foundation (Friends of the Longmont Cultural and Performing Arts Center Fund) without incurring income taxes on the distribution. Please consult your tax professional to confirm.
We thank you in advance for your generous support,
The Longmont Performing Arts Initiative